David V. Axene, FSA, CERA, FCA, MAAA
Mr. Axene started Axene Health Partners, LLC in 2003 after a successful consulting career at Ernst & Young, LLP and Milliman & Robertson, Inc. Mr. Axene is an internationally recognized health consultant providing consulting services all types of health care organizations including:
- Health plans: HMOs, PPOs, managed care plans, BlueCross Blue Shield plans, insurance companies, etc.
- Healthcare providers: hospitals, medical groups, ancillary providers, etc.
- Various governments and government programs: federal, state and local, international, Medicare, Medicaid, CHAMPUS, social systems.
- Employer health benefit plan sponsors
- Healthcare innovation and technology companies
- Medical device and technology suppliers, etc.
Mr. Axene is recognized as a strategist and thought leader. At Ernst & Young, he was responsible for the firm’s health actuaries. He was an Equity Principal with the well known actuarial firm Milliman & Robertson, Inc. (i.e., now Milliman USA) where he led their healthcare management consulting activities, including founding their Care Guidelines division. Prior to beginning his consulting career in 1978, he held several positions in the insurance industry specializing in the health insurance area.
Mr. Axene is a frequent speaker and writer on healthcare issues. He is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, a Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst, a Fellow of the Conference of Consulting Actuaries, and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. He previously served as Chair of the Society of Actuaries Health Section Council and the Entrepreneurial Actuaries Section. He is a certified ARIAS-US arbitrator.
In addition to his actuarial credentials, Mr. Axene earned an MS degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of Washington, and a BS degree in Physics and Engineering from Seattle Pacific University.
Mr. Axene is married and has three married children and ten grandchildren. Mr. Axene and his wife reside in Southern California.